Criminal Defense Cases
Monmouth County Criminal Defense Lawyer
Associate Attorney Carrie Ayn Smith of The Law Office of Darren C. O'Toole, LLC is a Monmouth County criminal defense lawyer of high praise, skill, and renown. When the people of our communities have been accused of an infraction, misdemeanor, or felony, they know they can turn to our law office for the unwavering legal protection they need and deserve. If you have been arrested, charged, or placed under criminal investigation, there is no time to lose. Call (732) 455-9000 to start learning your rights today.
Attorney Smith can manage your criminal defense case, no matter what it entails:
- DWI defense: Driving while intoxicated (DWI) is one of the most common criminal violations in New Jersey. Highway patrol officers are constantly looking for any excuse to land a DWI charge. Level out the legal playing field by defending your rights and driving privilege with our help.
- Motor vehicle violations: Speeding tickets, parking violations, running red lights, and more are all examples of motor vehicle violations that Attorney Carrie Ayn Smith can defend against. Do not let a single traffic ticket lead to serious consequences, such as jail time or raised insurance premiums, by doing nothing to defend yourself.
- Drug offenses: New Jersey heavily penalizes any sort of drug crime, even simple possession. Build a reliable defense that seeks to dismiss your charges or minimize the penalties as much as possible with Attorney Smith.
- Fake ID fraud: While creating an illegitimate identification might seem harmless to many youths, law enforcement agencies see it as a serious form of fraud. Penalties will be steep and can escalate depending on what the use of a false ID managed to cause, such as withdrawing another’s funds or acting as another person.
- Disorderly conduct: Keep your reputation intact after being charged with disorderly conduct, or committing a riotous or violent act in public, by turning to our criminal defense team.
The prosecution does not rest and has already started gathering evidence against you to use in its case. Now is the time to contact our firm and ask for the legal assistance of our criminal defense attorney in Monmouth County.
Possible Legal Defense Strategies for Your Case
Every criminal defense case will be unique and The Law Office of Darren C. O'Toole, LLC approaches them as such. However, there may be some groundwork defense strategies that could apply to your situation. It may also help to understand those potential options ahead of time.
Three ways that we may be able to protect you from the heavy penalties of the law:
- Dismissing the key pieces of evidence the prosecution intends to use against you, often by proving that your arrest or traffic stop was unlawful.
- Showing that you are a victim of mistaken identity, as many arrests are made on hunches and loose descriptions of a suspect.
- Negotiating with the prosecution to secure a fair plea deal when a not guilty verdict or case dismissal seems highly unlikely – we always discuss with our clients whether or not a plea deal should be considered before making that decision.
The strategies that are pertinent to your case could be entirely different than the three aforementioned. It is crucial that you take the time to sit down with Monmouth County Criminal Defense Attorney Carrie Smith to discuss the nuances of your case, ensuring the approach she uses is personally tailored and can be as effective as possible.