Modification of Orders A nimble, dedicated team focused on results.

How To Modify A Divorce Order

Your post-divorce life may well involve a change in your circumstances which was unforeseen at the time that your divorce was finalized. Many things can trigger a change in your circumstances.

A change in circumstances often involves either party’s full or partial loss of employment. This change in employment status can be temporary or permanent, and each situation requires compliance with very specific court rules and case law.

Another example especially relevant today is the issue of payment for college by divorced parents at a time when the allocated share determined at the time of the divorce may become prohibitive for one party.

There are times after an agreement is entered where it would be proper for the Court to vacate such an agreement.

There are specific standards and requirements for modifying the following:

It is recommended that you consult with experienced counsel should a change in circumstances prompt the need to modify an existing order. Contact us to schedule a free case evaluation.

Going Through a Divorce in New Jersey?

Serving Monmouth & Ocean County

1312 Atlantic Avenue
Manasquan, NJ 08736
Map & Directions [+]

Contact Us 732-455-9000

Contact Us

We're Ready to Help
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.