Notice: Due to COVID-19, we will be conducting all consultations either via video chat, phone, or email. Please don’t hesitate to call us if you have any questions!
Enforcement of Orders A nimble, dedicated team focused on results.

Enforcement of Family Court Orders

Work With An Experienced Monmouth Family Lawyer

Dealing with a former spouse who fails to comply with the provisions set up in a court order can be extremely frustrating. Often these refusals place the emotional, financial and medical well-being of your family in jeopardy. At The Law Office of Darren C. O'Toole, LLC, you will find our compassionate family law attorneys dedicated to helping you protect and maintain your rights in an enforcement dispute.

Motion to Enforce Litigant's Rights

If you are having difficulties getting your former spouse to pay the fully mandated child support and / or alimony, you can petition the court for assistance. This requires you a file a motion to enforce litigant's rights. If your petition is granted, your former spouse will be found to be in contempt of court.

If your former spouse is found to be in contempt, he or she will likely be ordered to pay the owed amount, usually with a fine attached. Jail time is also possible for continued willful disobedience. If the original court order did not include income withholding, this may be enacted.

The family court is a complex and overloaded system which may be extremely difficult for a self-represented litigant to navigate. Having your motion denied because of a preventable technicality is potentially devastating. Our skilled New Jersey divorce lawyers utilize their combined fifty years of experience to guide you through the process.

Parenting Plan Violations in New Jersey

Not all failures to comply involve financial matters. If either parent violates the terms of court-ordered parenting plan, the effects on the child are potentially damaging. At The Law Office of Darren C. O'Toole, LLC, we know your family is your first priority and are prepared to help you gain compliance from your former spouse.

If your former spouse is found to be noncompliant in your court-ordered parenting plan, he or she may be subject to sanctions, including but not limited to:

  • Additional time with child to compensate for lost time
  • Payment of lawyer fees accrued by the plaintiff
  • A reversal of a custody order

Representation by Our Skilled Advocates in NJ

At The Law Office of Darren C. O'Toole, LLC, we are up to the challenge of assisting you in enforcing court orders. Our dedicated family law attorneys are prepared to be your advocate during your compliance dispute.

We are here to help! Fill out our confidential case evaluation form to request a free consultation with our New Jersey divorce attorneys serving Ocean and Monmouth Counties today!

Going Through a Divorce in New Jersey?

Serving Monmouth & Ocean County

1312 Atlantic Avenue
Manasquan, NJ 08736
Map & Directions [+]

Contact Us 732-455-9000

Contact Us

We're Ready to Help
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.